Teenage Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Countdown to the Election

Go down 
+5
Ambercat
Meisha
Colyn
MonitorTheSmellOfRain
TheGirlFromYesterday
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:05 am

Gabstah wrote:
TheGirlFromYesterday wrote:
They interviewed Sarah Palin on the radio station this morning. I officially love her.

The DJ told her this story about a local woman that went to a restaurant. Outside was a homeless man with a sign that said, "VOTE OBAMA: I NEED THE MONEY." The woman goes into the restaurant and sees that her waiter is wearing an "Obama '08" tie. After she's done eating, she tells him, "You know, I'm looking into Senator Obama's redistribution of the wealth theory. So is it OK if I give that homeless man outside your tip?" She said that it was just like 'real life'. The waiter was pissed that a man who had done nothing got the money that he had worked for.

There was a silence on the other line. Governor Palin laughed and said, "Bingo!" And then she explained her financial plan and tax cuts. She's smarter than people think.

listening to a story doesn't make her smarter, but I understand what you're getting at.
Well yeah. But I meant that she could explain her tax plans so well live. No rehearsing for it. And she didn't just talk about that. Lots of other stuff, like gay marriage and abortion and other fun social issues.
Back to top Go down
http://suburbanglamour.blogspot.com
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:12 am

Gabstah wrote:
They interviewed Sarah Palin on the radio station this morning. I officially love her.

The DJ told her this story about a local woman that went to a restaurant. Outside was a homeless man with a sign that said, "VOTE OBAMA: I NEED THE MONEY." The woman goes into the restaurant and sees that her waiter is wearing an "Obama '08" tie. After she's done eating, she tells him, "You know, I'm looking into Senator Obama's redistribution of the wealth theory. So is it OK if I give that homeless man outside your tip?" She said that it was just like 'real life'. The waiter was pissed that a man who had done nothing got the money that he had worked for.

There was a silence on the other line. Governor Palin laughed and said, "Bingo!" And then she explained her financial plan and tax cuts. She's smarter than people think.

listening to a story doesn't make her smarter, but I understand what you're getting at.
Well yeah. But I meant that she could explain her tax plans so well live. No rehearsing for it. And she didn't just talk about that. Lots of other stuff, like gay marriage and abortion and other fun social issues.

that's good. i haven't really been paying a whole lot of attention to the specific candidates (mostly since I'm Canadian) so I haven't really formed an opinion of her.
Back to top Go down
http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 am

Gabstah wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

that's good. i haven't really been paying a whole lot of attention to the specific candidates (mostly since I'm Canadian) so I haven't really formed an opinion of her.
She has said some stupid stuff, but I'm not one to judge people for saying stupid stuff since I do that a lot. People have to remember that she's put on the spot sometimes and can't think of anything to say. I really feel bad for her in that respect.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 am

She has said some stupid stuff, but I'm not one to judge people for saying stupid stuff since I do that a lot. People have to remember that she's put on the spot sometimes and can't think of anything to say. I really feel bad for her in that respect.

Hahaha, seeing Russia from her house?
Yeah, I think everyone jumbles over their words from time to time, and you're not trying to elect the "perfect" person.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:19 am

Gabstah wrote:

Yeah, I think everyone jumbles over their words from time to time, and you're not trying to elect the "perfect" person.
Exactly. I don't want someone perfect. I want someone like me, albeit a little smarter.

I'm getting nervous. I don't know why. Obama's had it for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:21 am

Gabstah wrote:

Exactly. I don't want someone perfect. I want someone like me, albeit a little smarter.

There is no doubt in my mind that Obama will win. I think he's had it for sure since McCain stopped his campaign for that little bit.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 am

Gabstah wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

There is no doubt in my mind that Obama will win. I think he's had it for sure since McCain stopped his campaign for that little bit.
Psh, he's had it since he was nominated.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:26 am

Gabstah wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

Psh, he's had it since he was nominated.

There is that. I was trying to explain (the little) I know about american politics to my boyfriend, from my understanding of the primaries, and such. (He was really confused about the whole "why isn't Hillary Clinton running anymore" thing.) Then I started explaining a bit about each of the 4 (the candidates and their running mate) and about the primaries, and I was explaining to him about Ron Paul and then I was trying to remember why Mccain had beaten Ron Paul, and I honestly couldn't remember. I still can't think of why. Everyone seems to like him more.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:28 am

Gabstah wrote:

There is that. I was trying to explain (the little) I know about american politics to my boyfriend, from my understanding of the primaries, and such. (He was really confused about the whole "why isn't Hillary Clinton running anymore" thing.) Then I started explaining a bit about each of the 4 (the candidates and their running mate) and about the primaries, and I was explaining to him about Ron Paul and then I was trying to remember why Mccain had beaten Ron Paul, and I honestly couldn't remember. I still can't think of why. Everyone seems to like him more.
Because some Republicans thought Ron Paul was a psycho. There were also more candidates from each party, then it was narrowed down to two and then to one from each.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:30 am

Gabstah wrote:

Because some Republicans thought Ron Paul was a psycho. There were also more candidates from each party, then it was narrowed down to two and then to one from each.

Yeah, no one really talks about the election until it's just the two each per party (at least we don't hear about it over here). He looks so happy though! (in his wikipedia picture).
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:14 am

Gabstah wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

Yeah, no one really talks about the election until it's just the two each per party (at least we don't hear about it over here). He looks so happy though! (in his wikipedia picture).
Yeah. Bill Richardson and Dennis Kuchinich (I misspelled that, I know) were the other Democrats, and Mitt Romney and some other guy who I can't remember were the other two Republicans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Countdown to the Election
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3