Teenage Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Countdown to the Election

Go down 
+5
Ambercat
Meisha
Colyn
MonitorTheSmellOfRain
TheGirlFromYesterday
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:49 am

So, is Obama a democrat, and McCain republican?
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:50 am

Mirage wrote:
So, is Obama a democrat, and McCain republican?
Yep!

More news from Yahoo.
Back to top Go down
http://suburbanglamour.blogspot.com
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:59 am

LightSaber, republicans are generally more hands off than democrats.

I think. I may have mixed that up. I'm trying to remember the pendulum my teacher showed us, and I think the republicans were on the hands off side.
Back to top Go down
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 am

What's Bush? Republican?
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:02 am

Mirage wrote:
What's Bush? Republican?
Bingo.
Back to top Go down
Ambercat

Ambercat

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:23 am

TheSmell wrote:

I think. I may have mixed that up. I'm trying to remember the pendulum my teacher showed us, and I think the republicans were on the hands off side.
Yes, republicans are usually more hands off
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:40 am

Ambercat wrote:
TheSmell wrote:

Yes, republicans are usually more hands off

Woot! I actually learned something in school and remembered it!
Back to top Go down
Diet Coke

Diet Coke

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I voted today.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:36 pm

Very interesting. I've always wondered what the candidates do on election day, and how they're feeling. I'd probably be in bed throwing up.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:17 pm

LimeBlue wrote:
Very interesting. I've always wondered what the candidates do on election day, and how they're feeling. I'd probably be in bed throwing up.
I imagine the first thing they do is vote, haha.
It probably doesn't look good if a candidate doesn't vote. I remember the big deal people made when Paris Hilton didn't vote. Imagine McCain or Obama not voting, haha.

I would probably try to spend the day out of the limelight just with my favorite people around me laughing all day long and doing things to keep my mind off the election. Just try to be chill. Because I know that otherwise I would throw up.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:53 am

MonitorTSOR wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
It probably doesn't look good if a candidate doesn't vote. I remember the big deal people made when Paris Hilton didn't vote. Imagine McCain or Obama not voting, haha.

I would probably try to spend the day out of the limelight just with my favorite people around me laughing all day long and doing things to keep my mind off the election. Just try to be chill. Because I know that otherwise I would throw up.
Haha, I feel really stupid, but I didn't know they could vote. I knew that their families were allowed to vote, but I thought that since they would be biased, of course, they wouldn't be allowed.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:17 am

LimeBlue wrote:
MonitorTSOR wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:

Haha, I feel really stupid, but I didn't know they could vote. I knew that their families were allowed to vote, but I thought that since they would be biased, of course, they wouldn't be allowed.

Oh, maybe. I'm pretty sure they can though. I'll look it up.
Back to top Go down
Diet Coke

Diet Coke

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:29 am

Vote for themselves? lol
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Back to top Go down
Ambercat

Ambercat

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:22 pm

LimeBlue wrote:
MonitorTSOR wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:

It would be pretty funny if Obama voted for McCain and the other way around too lol.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:35 pm

Ambercat wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
MonitorTSOR wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:

It would be pretty funny if Obama voted for McCain and the other way around too lol.

Haha, oh gosh, that would be so pitiful. The media would be having a riot!
Back to top Go down
Ambercat

Ambercat

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:37 pm

MonitorTSOR wrote:
Ambercat wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
MonitorTSOR wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:

Yeah, they would! Although I don't know how the media would figure out who each candidate voted for.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 1:35 am

Ambercat wrote:
MonitorTSOR wrote:
Ambercat wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
MonitorTSOR wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:

Yeah, they would! Although I don't know how the media would figure out who each candidate voted for.
Haha, yeah, I didn't think about that. Good point.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 2:10 am

Very sad.

So, my dad brought home a picture of Obama and his family superimposed infront of the state seal. And then it said, "Barack Obama and the 1st Family." He's sending it to my racist grandpa, just for laughs.

On a nicer note, his daughters are soooo cute. The older one's going to be gorgeous someday.
Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 4:59 pm

You know what? I am SO grateful for the media updates on politics. Especially during Monday Night Football. On every lousy channel. It's not like the entire civilized world has known about this damn election for the past 9+ months...
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:00 pm

Finally it'll be over, maybe the news still stop talking about it.
Ha, just kidding.
Back to top Go down
http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:05 pm

Gabstah wrote:
Ha, just kidding.
If only. After today, we'll just be subject to the media second-guessing and/or praising the President Elect and the public decision until at least June of '09.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 7:22 pm

SubjectToChange wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
Ha, just kidding.
If only. After today, we'll just be subject to the media second-guessing and/or praising the President Elect and the public decision until at least June of '09.

Oh boy I can't wait. I just adore hearing about the American election for months before/after it happens. Especially since it pertains to us Canadians so much.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 11:53 pm

They interviewed Sarah Palin on the radio station this morning. I officially love her.

The DJ told her this story about a local woman that went to a restaurant. Outside was a homeless man with a sign that said, "VOTE OBAMA: I NEED THE MONEY." The woman goes into the restaurant and sees that her waiter is wearing an "Obama '08" tie. After she's done eating, she tells him, "You know, I'm looking into Senator Obama's redistribution of the wealth theory. So is it OK if I give that homeless man outside your tip?" She said that it was just like 'real life'. The waiter was pissed that a man who had done nothing got the money that he had worked for.

There was a silence on the other line. Governor Palin laughed and said, "Bingo!" And then she explained her financial plan and tax cuts. She's smarter than people think.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:02 am

TheGirlFromYesterday wrote:
They interviewed Sarah Palin on the radio station this morning. I officially love her.

The DJ told her this story about a local woman that went to a restaurant. Outside was a homeless man with a sign that said, "VOTE OBAMA: I NEED THE MONEY." The woman goes into the restaurant and sees that her waiter is wearing an "Obama '08" tie. After she's done eating, she tells him, "You know, I'm looking into Senator Obama's redistribution of the wealth theory. So is it OK if I give that homeless man outside your tip?" She said that it was just like 'real life'. The waiter was pissed that a man who had done nothing got the money that he had worked for.

There was a silence on the other line. Governor Palin laughed and said, "Bingo!" And then she explained her financial plan and tax cuts. She's smarter than people think.

listening to a story doesn't make her smarter, but I understand what you're getting at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Countdown to the Election
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next