Teenage Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Countdown to the Election

Go down 
+5
Ambercat
Meisha
Colyn
MonitorTheSmellOfRain
TheGirlFromYesterday
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

Countdown to the Election Empty
PostSubject: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:34 am

This time next week we'll be finding out the 44th President of the US. I've decided to make a countdown thread to post updates, poll results, whatever.

I'm just pumped for the most historic election ever.
Back to top Go down
http://suburbanglamour.blogspot.com
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:52 am

Well, not to be picky, but I HIGHLY doubt we'll find out on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Colyn

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:11 am

Totaly thought that said countdown to the erection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:41 am

Colyn wrote:
Totaly thought that said countdown to the erection.

hahaha i loled!
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 10:50 am

Haha, that's awesome. Countdown to Erection.

Dang it, now I have Final Countdown stuck in my head. Curse you, Erin! Curse you!
Back to top Go down
Meisha

Meisha

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:16 pm

I still don't know who to vote for. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/~desiree19
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 6:57 pm

Meisha wrote:

You could be like my mom and not vote for anyone. Last election she refuses to say she voted for Bush. She voted against Kerry, haha.

I actually have to write a persuasive essay about the election (fuck, I hate sharing my political views!) and I told all my friends that instead of writing for Obama I'm writing against McCain.

And just so you know, I drew out of hat which candidate to "support". I don't like either of them and am perfectly fine writing against either.
Back to top Go down
Ambercat

Ambercat

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Woo!
Back to top Go down
Meisha

Meisha

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 pm

TheSmell wrote:
Meisha wrote:

You could be like my mom and not vote for anyone. Last election she refuses to say she voted for Bush. She voted against Kerry, haha.

I actually have to write a persuasive essay about the election (fuck, I hate sharing my political views!) and I told all my friends that instead of writing for Obama I'm writing against McCain.

And just so you know, I drew out of hat which candidate to "support". I don't like either of them and am perfectly fine writing against either.

Well I know I don't want McCain in office mostly because of Palin. I'm just wonderign if I should vote for Nader or Obama.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/~desiree19
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:29 pm

Meisha wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
Meisha wrote:

Well I know I don't want McCain in office mostly because of Palin. I'm just wonderign if I should vote for Nader or Obama.
I thought that, too, at first. I wound up voting for McCain in the school election, even though I had been intending to vote for Obama since May.

Honestly, the chances of McCain dying and leaving us with Palin as president are slim to none. He's old. But Ronald Reagan was older than McCain when he started his second term, and he just died a few years ago. McCain's mother is about 95, I think? He's got a good pedigree.

Anyway, not trying to sway your vote, just saying. Uh, vote for Obama. I hate to say it, but Nader's pretty much a wasted vote.
Back to top Go down
Ambercat

Ambercat

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:33 pm

LimeBlue wrote:
Meisha wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
Meisha wrote:

I thought that, too, at first. I wound up voting for McCain in the school election, even though I had been intending to vote for Obama since May.

Honestly, the chances of McCain dying and leaving us with Palin as president are slim to none. He's old. But Ronald Reagan was older than McCain when he started his second term, and he just died a few years ago. McCain's mother is about 95, I think? He's got a good pedigree.

Anyway, not trying to sway your vote, just saying. Uh, vote for Obama. I hate to say it, but Nader's pretty much a wasted vote.
Thank you!
I hate this. Ex.
Joe: who are you voting for?
Mary: omg I love Palin!
Joe: umm you're voting for McCain for president, not Palin
MAry: no, mccain's gonna die anyway.
It's so dumb. He's not 102!
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:38 pm

Ambercat wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
Meisha wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
Meisha wrote:

Thank you!
I hate this. Ex.
Joe: who are you voting for?
Mary: omg I love Palin!
Joe: umm you're voting for McCain for president, not Palin
MAry: no, mccain's gonna die anyway.
It's so dumb. He's not 102!
It's ageism, and I consider that just as bad as racism and sexism. If somebody said, "Obama's too black to run for preisdent," it'd be all over the news and the liberals would be screaming bloody murder. But everyone seems to ignore the fact that the liberals are discriminating against McCain on the basis of age. Don't even try to tell me that's 'not as bad as racism'. It damn well is.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:56 pm

Erin, remind me again why you so quickly switched all your political beliefs?
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 pm

TheSmell wrote:
Because I read the voter guide that came with my newspaper on Sunday and watched the news and decided that I liked John McCain more. Socially, yes, I'm pretty liberal, but I'm very conservative fiscally, and that's what mattered most to me in this election. I think part of me just wanted to vote for Obama because it was 'cool'.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:04 am

LimeBlue wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
Because I read the voter guide that came with my newspaper on Sunday and watched the news and decided that I liked John McCain more. Socially, yes, I'm pretty liberal, but I'm very conservative fiscally, and that's what mattered most to me in this election. I think part of me just wanted to vote for Obama because it was 'cool'.
Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way, but are you for McCain because you like him and his goals, or because you are a republican? Because the way you've been wording it around the boards make it sound like you are only for him because you are republican.
Back to top Go down
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:12 am

It makes me feel really stupid because I have no clue about anything to do with American politics.

I do follow Canadian politics, though!
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:13 am

TheSmell wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
Don't take what I'm saying the wrong way, but are you for McCain because you like him and his goals, or because you are a republican? Because the way you've been wording it around the boards make it sound like you are only for him because you are republican.
I don't really understand why you're asking that question. I just said I was voting for Obama until the other day when I read the voter guide.

So, yes, it's because I like his views and his goals. If I was voting for him because I was a Republican, I would have supported him from the start.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:15 am

LimeBlue wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
I don't really understand why you're asking that question. I just said I was voting for Obama until the other day when I read the voter guide.

So, yes, it's because I like his views and his goals. If I was voting for him because I was a Republican, I would have supported him from the start.
As I said, it's not just what you answered me right now, it's also how you've worded it other times.

I'm not trying to be a pesty bitch, Erin. I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:16 am

Mirage wrote:
It makes me feel really stupid because I have no clue about anything to do with American politics.

I do follow Canadian politics, though!
It's all good, I know nothing about Canadian politics.
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:21 am

Current public poll results:
McCain: 43.9%
Obama: 49.9%

Electoral Votes:
McCain: 156
Obama: 355
Back to top Go down
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:27 am

There are only two candidates?
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:33 am

Mirage wrote:
There are only two candidates?
There are more, but no one really pays attention to the others.
Back to top Go down
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:37 am

LimeBlue wrote:

Aww, like here it's the Green Party.

What's the difference between Democrats & Republicans?
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:42 am

Mirage wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:

Aww, like here it's the Green Party.

What's the difference between Democrats & Republicans?
There's so much to explain. Democrats are usually pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, they support tighter gun control laws, they're against the war in Iraq, they don't mind welfare, they think that the death penalty is a violation of human rights, etc. A Republican is, more likely than not, anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, they believe that we have a right to bear arms, they're against welfare, they're pro-death penalty, and they support the War in Iraq. If you're still interested after this crap explanation, look on Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 12:48 am

LimeBlue wrote:
There's so much to explain. Democrats are usually pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, they support tighter gun control laws, they're against the war in Iraq, they don't mind welfare, they think that the death penalty is a violation of human rights, etc. A Republican is, more likely than not, anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, they believe that we have a right to bear arms, they're against welfare, they're pro-death penalty, and they support the War in Iraq. If you're still interested after this crap explanation, look on Wikipedia.

Thank-you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Countdown to the Election   Countdown to the Election Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Countdown to the Election
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next