Teenage Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .

Go down 
+4
Chip
BrokenRecord
Meisha
Autosuggestion
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion

Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Empty
PostSubject: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:54 am

So I received an IM earlier from an obviously female name. I asked who she was, and she claimed to have gotten my screen name from her friend (who I don't know). She claimed to have lost her buddy information, so this friend of hers sent her his buddy list file. So she begins talking to me, and she claims to be 17, and from California. This is also quite odd because I live in NJ, and the only possible way that this friend of hers could have my screen name is via some forum, although that isn't entirely out of the question.

I'm obviously quite suspicious of this, because I don't know about any of you, but I don't IM random people I get off of a friend's buddy list. As we continue talking (I only continued because I was bored, and there was the off chance that she was telling the truth, she was hot, and I had some remote chance of making sweet, sweet love to her) I notice odd coincidences come up. Apparently we like almost exactly the same music and books. If I liked somewhat mainstream music this wouldn't be much of a coincidence, but I like slightly less popular, and less well known music, so running into someone who knows of it, and never mind likes it, is a rare occurrence. Finally it comes out that she likes both cats and pie, both of which I like very much.

In conclusion, I have a feeling someone is trying to play some sort of prank. It could be one of my actual friends, but I suspect not, because none of my actual friends share my taste in music, so they would not have some of the knowledge that this person clearly had. So this leaves people I know from the internetz. I'd like to get to the bottom of this mystery . . .

Yes, this might have been long and boring, but I don't care. I wanted to write this somewhere, so if I turn up missing everyone will know what happened.

Also, yes, I am slightly paranoid.
Back to top Go down
Meisha

Meisha

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:39 am

That's odd.

I'd be pretty paranoid too..
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/~desiree19
Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:42 am

I'm probably just flattering myself by thinking that someone cares enough to go out of their way to screw with me, but I just can't help it.
Back to top Go down
BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:54 am

I love how pie just happens to come up in the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 11:56 am

I don't know about you, but I often talk about pie.
Back to top Go down
Chip

Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:56 pm

I'd be suspicious as well. The only time people ever show interest in me is when it isn't genuine (minus my girlfriend).

But every time I've been hit on or anything it's always been fake.
Back to top Go down
Fig

Fig

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:05 pm

Yeah, I'd also be paranoid. Hummm.
Back to top Go down
Diet Coke

Diet Coke

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:57 pm

That is really odd!

I remember when I was a preteen, my sister and I used to play pranks on people over AIM. We would randomly look up someone that we didn't know and then IM them if they were online and say that we had met them at a party and that we had hooked up/got drunk/something. Then we would go on to say that we were depressed that they hadn't called us the next day, etc., etc. It was loads of fun at the time when we tried to cure our boredom, when I was 9 or 10, but has lost it's value.

It is probably someone pranking you.

And what type of pie exactly?
Back to top Go down
Sox

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:02 pm

it was me
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:15 pm

Weiiiiirddddd :/
Back to top Go down
http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 8:46 pm

Sox wrote:
it was me
Wouldn't be surprised.

And it was cherry pie, to be exact.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 10:00 pm

i'd pretend to be the creeper but i don't even know how aim works. i downloaded it once before and it made no sense at all to me.
Back to top Go down
http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .   Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hmmmm, I had an interesting IM conversation earlier . . .
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teenage Wonderland :: General :: Random Chat-
Jump to: