Teenage Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Abortion Thread

Go down 
+4
Meisha
RottenVixen
Anberlin
MonitorTheSmellOfRain
8 posters

I am...
Pro-choice
The Official Abortion Thread Vote_lcap47%The Official Abortion Thread Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Pro-life
The Official Abortion Thread Vote_lcap40%The Official Abortion Thread Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Undecided.
The Official Abortion Thread Vote_lcap13%The Official Abortion Thread Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

The Official Abortion Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Go ahead, debate it. Let's just try to be nice and not personally attack others. Be a fair debater.
Back to top Go down
Anberlin

Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:57 pm

To put it simply, I am against abortion. That is my two cents (sense?).
Back to top Go down
RottenVixen

RottenVixen

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 pm

I'm pro-choice, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm all for abortion in all circumstances.
I think that every woman should have the choice for herself, but me personally I could never get an abortion unless the circumstances were something like rape.
Back to top Go down
Meisha

Meisha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 10:22 am

I'm pro-choice. It's as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fictionpress.com/~desiree19
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 3:38 pm

I'm pro-life in the sense that I would never ever get an abortion and I really hope that nobody ever would either. I'm pro-choice in that I realise that no matter how much I don't like abortion, there are going to be people out there that don't have the same views as me and I can't push that on anyone. So yeah, I put pro-choice.
Back to top Go down
http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:47 pm

Gabstah wrote:
I'm pro-life in the sense that I would never ever get an abortion and I really hope that nobody ever would either. I'm pro-choice in that I realise that no matter how much I don't like abortion, there are going to be people out there that don't have the same views as me and I can't push that on anyone. So yeah, I put pro-choice.
That. I'm pro-choice because I realize we need that option. Like it or not, there's going to be a 15 year old girl that's raped. Why should she have to carry that baby to term? Of course, if you're just an idiot and forget to use birth control, suck it up.
Back to top Go down
http://suburbanglamour.blogspot.com
teenvogue.

teenvogue.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 3:48 am

Definately Pro-Choice. I don't think I could personally ever go through with it, but a woman should always have the option.
Back to top Go down
Gabstah
Admin
Gabstah

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:00 pm

LimeBlue wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
That. I'm pro-choice because I realize we need that option. Like it or not, there's going to be a 15 year old girl that's raped. Why should she have to carry that baby to term? Of course, if you're just an idiot and forget to use birth control, suck it up.

See I go further and I realise that rape is a terrible terrible thing, but I've done a bit of research on it and it seems that more often women who have gotten an abortion due to a rape incident take a lot more time to heal than those who gave birth to their baby and either kept it or gave it up for adoption.
I did this research like 4 years ago so maybe more studies have gone out since then that I haven't read, but that's what I remember. I still think that a woman should keep that baby, to see how not all bad events turn out bad in the end (a baby really is a blessing, at least always for someone. Even if you can't keep it there are many couples out there who would love to adopt a child since they can't conceive on their own.)

I do know that people will still get abortions regardless. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
joshj

joshj

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 pm

I'm male and thus have no say in the matter. "undecided" was the closest related answer
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:31 am

Gabstah wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

See I go further and I realise that rape is a terrible terrible thing, but I've done a bit of research on it and it seems that more often women who have gotten an abortion due to a rape incident take a lot more time to heal than those who gave birth to their baby and either kept it or gave it up for adoption.
I did this research like 4 years ago so maybe more studies have gone out since then that I haven't read, but that's what I remember. I still think that a woman should keep that baby, to see how not all bad events turn out bad in the end (a baby really is a blessing, at least always for someone. Even if you can't keep it there are many couples out there who would love to adopt a child since they can't conceive on their own.)

Really? That's interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks for pointing that out, Gabs.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 4:32 am

joshj wrote:
I'm male and thus have no say in the matter. "undecided" was the closest related answer
You may not have a say in the matter but surely you have an opinion on it?
Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Gabstah wrote:
LimeBlue wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

Wow, really? I never heard that. That's incredibly interesting. And you're right. A woman really should try to have the baby, but like I said, I understand that there's always going to be a high school student who was raped and doesn't want to put her life on hold to have a baby that she isn't responsible for the conception of. I can't say whether I agree with that or not. I'm only 15. If God forbid I was raped, I don't know what I'd do. That said, I sometimes feel like needing the choice for rape victims doesn't even matter. Well over 90% of the abortion in this country are performed as birth control.

Here's an idea, dumbass: Use a condom.
Back to top Go down
http://suburbanglamour.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abortion Thread   The Official Abortion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Abortion Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teenage Wonderland :: Issues :: Current Events & Politics-
Jump to: