Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!
 
HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Christians....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ceasarion

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Christians....   Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Okay so I think Christains are a little pushy. Why? Well today I'm sitting all by myslef in the college cafeteria. I'm minding my own business doing some math homework when suddenly this older man comes up to me. He has a stack of little pocket sized books in his hands and holds one out to me asking: "Would you like a free bible?" I stared at the book. Then he says: "God can help you be a better student." I politely say: "No thank you," but the whole thing rattled me. Why giveout free religious books? Can people give out free korans or torahs (i didn't spell that right)? And what does "God" know about graduating as a fine arts major at a communtiy college? These are the questions I asked myslef in the few minutes after that. I think it shouldnt' be allowed to pass out free religious books. That's just opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonitorMirage

avatar

Posts : 303
Join date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:48 pm

Do you never get Jehovah's witnesses at your door? It isn't just Christians, for sure.

I'm Christian, and it doesn't bother me if someone wants to talk to me about their religion.

The Jehovah witness ladies that knock on my door are so nice, but they always get mad at me because I start talking about Christianity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ceasarion

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:07 pm

Eh... I don't think anyone should "sell" their religion. It's... kind of weird. And isnt' religion supposed to be personal? It's not a freaking used car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonitorMirage

avatar

Posts : 303
Join date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Ceasarion wrote:
Eh... I don't think anyone should "sell" their religion. It's... kind of weird. And isnt' religion supposed to be personal? It's not a freaking used car.

I don't know about other faiths and religions, but with Christianity a huge part of it is witnessing to other people and telling them about God.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ceasarion

avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 28
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm

Umm... okay. I still just don't think that's right. If you want people to oin your religion, behave nicely like your religon says you should. Be nice. And peole will say: "Hey. That's seems to be a nice way to live." Or give out money. That works too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2008-10-27
Age : 28
Location : Vancouver, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Blech I hate that.

Basically I don't call myself a Christian because other people give Christian's bad names. I would never force someone to do something that they don't want to do. I don't even SUGGEST it unless they've expressed some interest. I don't think that man has any right to say what is a sin and what isn't, but some people have decided that they have that power. I hate it.

_________________
Gabby drunken

she called out a warning, warning: don't ever let life pass you by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
Anberlin

avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2008-10-27
Age : 26
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:07 pm

You can't say that "Christian's are pushy". Not all Christians are like that. It's not fair to categorize everyone else based on one person. Christians aren't the only ones who do things like that either.
I'm Christian, but I am open to other religions beliefs and what-not. I went to a Jewish Synagogue (sp?) today and found their religion to be quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Autosuggestion

avatar

Posts : 52
Join date : 2008-10-28
Age : 29
Location : Nuevo Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:05 pm

MonitorMirage wrote:
Do you never get Jehovah's witnesses at your door? It isn't just Christians, for sure.
JW's are Christians, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2008-10-27
Age : 28
Location : Vancouver, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:16 pm

Autosuggestion wrote:
MonitorMirage wrote:
Do you never get Jehovah's witnesses at your door? It isn't just Christians, for sure.
JW's are Christians, too.

They're like the weird aunt and uncle with no kids that nobody likes to invite to family events of the Christian community.

_________________
Gabby drunken

she called out a warning, warning: don't ever let life pass you by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
ComeWhatMay♥

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-10-27
Age : 26
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:34 pm

Gabstah wrote:
Autosuggestion wrote:
MonitorMirage wrote:
Do you never get Jehovah's witnesses at your door? It isn't just Christians, for sure.
JW's are Christians, too.

They're like the weird aunt and uncle with no kids that nobody likes to invite to family events of the Christian community.

you make me laugh haha

I don't mind people talking to me about religion, but when people try pushign it on me I get upset. If they are willing to have a nice discussion slash debate about it I don't consider it pushing their beliefs on me. Unless they use the words I HAVE to believe something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2008-10-27
Age : 28
Location : Vancouver, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:54 pm

ComeWhatMay♥ wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
Autosuggestion wrote:
MonitorMirage wrote:
Do you never get Jehovah's witnesses at your door? It isn't just Christians, for sure.
JW's are Christians, too.

They're like the weird aunt and uncle with no kids that nobody likes to invite to family events of the Christian community.

you make me laugh haha

I don't mind people talking to me about religion, but when people try pushign it on me I get upset. If they are willing to have a nice discussion slash debate about it I don't consider it pushing their beliefs on me. Unless they use the words I HAVE to believe something.

for sure! i hate the "you guys believe" no. perhaps the majority of my religion/denomination believes that, but not everyone.

_________________
Gabby drunken

she called out a warning, warning: don't ever let life pass you by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
ComeWhatMay♥

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-10-27
Age : 26
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:55 pm

Gabstah wrote:
ComeWhatMay♥ wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
Autosuggestion wrote:
MonitorMirage wrote:
Do you never get Jehovah's witnesses at your door? It isn't just Christians, for sure.
JW's are Christians, too.

They're like the weird aunt and uncle with no kids that nobody likes to invite to family events of the Christian community.

you make me laugh haha

I don't mind people talking to me about religion, but when people try pushign it on me I get upset. If they are willing to have a nice discussion slash debate about it I don't consider it pushing their beliefs on me. Unless they use the words I HAVE to believe something.

for sure! i hate the "you guys believe" no. perhaps the majority of my religion/denomination believes that, but not everyone.
I'd say a minoroity. A lot of my friends are christians and a lot of them don't push thier beliefs on me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshj

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:57 pm

ComeWhatMay♥ wrote:

I'd say a minoroity. A lot of my friends are christians and a lot of them don't push thier beliefs on me.

Haha, that's the problem with religion, you only ever hear from the vocal minority and they ruin it for the much larger mainstream.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:07 pm

joshj wrote:


Haha, that's the problem with religion, you only ever hear from the vocal minority and they ruin it for the much larger mainstream.

Yeah, exactly!

Anyway, I don't have a problem talking about religion or having someone come to my door or whatever. I think talking about religious views and pushing religious views are very different and i definitely can see why you would be bothered by someone pushing their views on you.
Back to top Go down
ComeWhatMay♥

avatar

Posts : 90
Join date : 2008-10-27
Age : 26
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Christians....   Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:35 am

joshj wrote:
ComeWhatMay♥ wrote:

I'd say a minoroity. A lot of my friends are christians and a lot of them don't push thier beliefs on me.

Haha, that's the problem with religion, you only ever hear from the vocal minority and they ruin it for the much larger mainstream.

I one hundred and fifty percent agree with you. And society, when they meet one thing negative from a group they paint everyone else the of that group the same way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Christians....   

Back to top Go down
 
Christians....
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teenage Wonderland :: Issues :: Religion-
Jump to: