Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Official: Should marijuana be legalized?

Go down 

Should weed be legal?
Yes
25%
 25% [ 5 ]
No
50%
 50% [ 10 ]
I don't know yet
25%
 25% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:33 pm

Do you think weed should be legal? Why/why not?

she called out a warning, warning: don't ever let life pass you by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
Esteƫ

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:06 pm

I'm undecided on this topic. I for one think weed is great haha, but if it was legal I could see a lot of people (me included) becoming lazy so it puts me off of the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:07 pm

No. But I don't have a reason.

Well one, sort of. A lot of people have the misconception that weed doesn't affect your driving which isn't really true. That's my only logical quarrel, everything else is just moral and my old fashion-esque.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RottenVixen

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:28 pm

I think my only problem with weed being legalized is the taxes :/
Other than that, I would perfectly fine with not having to sneak around just to get high once in a while lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nobodys_girl
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:38 pm

NO it should not be legalized because it would cost too much. the government would tax the shit out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:44 pm

Nobodys_girl wrote:
NO it should not be legalized because it would cost too much. the government would tax the shit out of it.

That's what I think too. Half the fun of smoking pot is the "it's illegal" kind of attitude. I do think that less people would smoke pot if it were legal.

It's basically legal here anyways.

she called out a warning, warning: don't ever let life pass you by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
lost in you.

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:49 pm

yes, but no.
like it would be nice to able to smoke weed without having be be scared of getting caught, but the taxes would probably be really high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GTFO

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:02 pm

hmm, idk. but i think there should be smaller punishments and all for it for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:34 am

I'm not sure. If people didn't use it in such a bad way, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But when you think about it, there really is no reason why it should be legalized because then people would use it as much as they can. Not all people, but some.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
teenvogue.

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:00 am

Nahhh, I think it shoud just stay the way it is, if it was legal the government would put taxes on it, and people would prob still grow it on their own anyway, and most likely sell it for less so no one would want to buy it from stores or wherever, which would just cause more problems, etc etc. People who want to smoke weed are going to smoke it regardless of whether its legal or not.. so lets just save everyone the trouble and leave it beee. I'm all for decriminalizing it though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshj

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:11 pm

teenvogue. wrote:
People who want to smoke weed are going to smoke it regardless of whether its legal or not..

Truth. Of course, living in Canada, I'm not particularly afraid of getting caught.

Keeping it a controlled substance forces it to be grown in smaller batches that can be better cared for, sold in a competitive market, sold untaxed and cultivated individually to maximize effectiveness. Legalized pot would be (probably) safer, but more expensive and of much lower quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official: Should marijuana be legalized?   

Back to top Go down

Official: Should marijuana be legalized?
Page 1 of 1