Teenage Wonderland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I want to stay here, but...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

I want to stay here, but... Empty
PostSubject: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:32 am

I wish more people would find the site, and be interested.
I've made up my mind that I'm going to try staying here, or not go on any forums at all.
I'm pretty much done with JB. I wish I could advertise teenagewonderland instead of inviting people that I know and am friends with in real life. You know? Because I don't want people who I talk to in person knowing all this other shit about me. But yeah, Sad. I think I'll still invite a friend or two though.
How could we attract a not so creepy audience? Idk. Sad It isn't like I don't like it now. Just, if there were a few more active members, it wouldn't be so lonely.

Anywho, how do other people feel? And how were your days?

P.S. Hey, and if you're guests reading this, JOIN. Unless you're like 453275475 year old man.
Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:39 am

A not so creepy audience? Are you referring to your acquaintances IRL?

Yeah, this place needs more members; it gets too quiet here. I'm not sure how you can really advertise this place. You can't really do much more milking on JB. You can try spamming others boards, I suppose.

My day was rather lazy. Got up around noon, got some lunch with friends, watched football/House. Chilled. How was yours?
Back to top Go down
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:46 am

SubjectToChange wrote:

Yeah, this place needs more members; it gets too quiet here. I'm not sure how you can really advertise this place. You can't really do much more milking on JB. You can try spamming others boards, I suppose.

My day was rather lazy. Got up around noon, got some lunch with friends, watched football/House. Chilled. How was yours?

Well, by not so creepy I met like luring in creepy people who shouldn't be here, like old men, I don't know.

Yeah, something's gotta be done. Maybe I will try spamming other boards.
Smile haha.

Well, my day was pretty good. Watched a lot of movies. The Butterfly Effect, Forrest Gump, Garden State. I watch movies a lot. But yeah. Overall, it was good.
Tomorrow will be a day full of homework though.
Back to top Go down
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:47 am

I've sort of drifted back to JB because this forum is really un-active. Sad

Let's change that!
Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:49 am

MonitorMirage wrote:
I've sort of drifted back to JB because this forum is really un-active. Sad

Let's change that!
I noticed that. x6? Really? Maybe it's time for a new nick.
Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:50 am

Antidepressant wrote:
SubjectToChange wrote:

Well, by not so creepy I met like luring in creepy people who shouldn't be here, like old men, I don't know.

Yeah, something's gotta be done. Maybe I will try spamming other boards.
Smile haha.

Well, my day was pretty good. Watched a lot of movies. The Butterfly Effect, Forrest Gump, Garden State. I watch movies a lot. But yeah. Overall, it was good.
Tomorrow will be a day full of homework though.

I feel you, homework-wise. How were The Butterfly Effect and Garden State? I haven't seen those - are they worth seeing?
Back to top Go down
MonitorMirage

MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:52 am

Lol, yep. I think she gave up on banning me. She can't ban every proxy Wink

Naw, I don't like new names. And it's kind of humerus, to me at least.
Back to top Go down
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:08 am

SubjectToChange wrote:

I feel you, homework-wise. How were The Butterfly Effect and Garden State? I haven't seen those - are they worth seeing?

Hmm, Butterfly Effect is kind of screwed up, a little confusing. It's not a bad movie, maybe a 7.5/10.

Garden State was nice. Natalie Portman is adorable. But that's kind of a strange movie too, but I enjoy it a lot. It's sweet and stuff. Smile

I'd say that they're worth seeing, at least Garden State. What kind of movies do you enjoy though?
Back to top Go down
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:09 am

We need to brain storm a way to attract people. :/
Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:15 am

Antidepressant wrote:
SubjectToChange wrote:

Hmm, Butterfly Effect is kind of screwed up, a little confusing. It's not a bad movie, maybe a 7.5/10.

Garden State was nice. Natalie Portman is adorable. But that's kind of a strange movie too, but I enjoy it a lot. It's sweet and stuff. Smile

I'd say that they're worth seeing, at least Garden State. What kind of movies do you enjoy though?

I like action, thriller, comedy, and sometimes drama. I can't stand horror movies. Chick flicks are growing on me.

What about your preferences? What would you say are the top 3 movies year to date? I'd say Wall-E, Iron Man, and The Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:28 am

SubjectToChange wrote:

I like action, thriller, comedy, and sometimes drama. I can't stand horror movies. Chick flicks are growing on me.

What about your preferences? What would you say are the top 3 movies year to date? I'd say Wall-E, Iron Man, and The Dark Knight.

Wall-E is brillant, I loved it actually.
Yeah, horror movies are letdowns 99% of the time.Sad

Here are some of my favourite movies, but I don't really know how to classify them.
City of God - It's in Portuguese, so yeah, subtitles, but it's amazingly good. People tend to think it's more of a guy movie though. But it's one of my top choices.
The Royal Tenenbaums - it's just strange, i like strange movies.
Requiem for a Dream - fucked up, i like fucked-up movies too.
Amélie - It's in French, it's great though. I consider it a romance, but I don't really know what it is. Watch it, if you haven't.
American Beauty - It's just great, I don't even know.
Pans Labyrinth - It's in Spanish, and it's strange, and it has a nice story.
Pulp Fiction - Old, but good.
The Green Mile - Makes me cry, it's incredible.
A Beautiful Mind - Emotional.
Fight Club - Just fantastic. And Brad's body is AMAZING in this. I'm sure you've seen this.
American History X - Fucked up, but it's overall a really wonderful film.
Hotel Rwanda - Fucked up because it's true. But a great, great film. Very sad though.

Sorry I gave you a freaking boring synopsis of everything. I just love movies so much, and I really like these ones.

Yeah, anyway.

I haven't even seen the Dark Knight! What is wrong with me. But that was probably in the top three. Wall-e Definitely Definitely was. Yeah, and Iron Man, people went crazy about that.
Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:48 am

Antidepressant wrote:
Wall-E is brillant, I loved it actually.
Yeah, horror movies are letdowns 99% of the time.Sad

Here are some of my favourite movies, but I don't really know how to classify them.
City of God - It's in Portuguese, so yeah, subtitles, but it's amazingly good. People tend to think it's more of a guy movie though. But it's one of my top choices.
The Royal Tenenbaums - it's just strange, i like strange movies.
Requiem for a Dream - fucked up, i like fucked-up movies too.
Amélie - It's in French, it's great though. I consider it a romance, but I don't really know what it is. Watch it, if you haven't.
American Beauty - It's just great, I don't even know.
Pans Labyrinth - It's in Spanish, and it's strange, and it has a nice story.
Pulp Fiction - Old, but good.
The Green Mile - Makes me cry, it's incredible.
A Beautiful Mind - Emotional.
Fight Club - Just fantastic. And Brad's body is AMAZING in this. I'm sure you've seen this.
American History X - Fucked up, but it's overall a really wonderful film.
Hotel Rwanda - Fucked up because it's true. But a great, great film. Very sad though.

Sorry I gave you a freaking boring synopsis of everything. I just love movies so much, and I really like these ones.

Yeah, anyway.

I haven't even seen the Dark Knight! What is wrong with me. But that was probably in the top three. Wall-e Definitely Definitely was. Yeah, and Iron Man, people went crazy about that.
Interesting choices. Your taste is very similar to my brother's. He loves really deep drama/artsy movies. I've only seen about three on your list, but he's seen probably nearly all. He likes to draw lots of poignant meaning from the scenes, and observe the strategic use of cinematography, and so on. Not quite what I'm thinking about when I'm watching.

Oh yeah, Brad's body--couldn't help noticing that. Rolling Eyes

You definitely need to see TDK! I saw it three times, the last of which was in IMAX. Totally worth it. The subtle boom in the opening scene literally shook my ribcage. I swear, the more you watch that movie, the more intricate plot lines you pick up. Some of the dialogue early in the movie you don't really think is significant comes back later in intriguing ways. And if smart screenwriting doesn't get you interested, I'm sure there's no way you can miss Heath Ledger's masterful penultimate act. Do yourself a favor and watch it, at least twice.
Back to top Go down
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:56 am

SubjectToChange wrote:

Interesting choices. Your taste is very similar to my brother's. He loves really deep drama/artsy movies. I've only seen about three on your list, but he's seen probably nearly all. He likes to draw lots of poignant meaning from the scenes, and observe the strategic use of cinematography, and so on. Not quite what I'm thinking about when I'm watching.

You definitely need to see TDK! I saw it three times, the last of which was in IMAX. Totally worth it. The subtle boom in the opening scene literally shook my ribcage. I swear, the more you watch that movie, the more intricate plot lines you pick up. Some of the dialogue early in the movie you don't really think is significant comes back later in intriguing ways. And if smart screenwriting doesn't get you interested, I'm sure there's no way you can miss Heath Ledger's masterful penultimate act. Do yourself a favor and watch it, at least twice.

I know, I really should see it. I'm kind of bummed though, because it would have been nice to see it in theaters. Sad It won't be as awesome watching it on my poopy sized TV. But yeah, I'll watch it anyways. Smile
Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:02 am

Antidepressant wrote:
SubjectToChange wrote:

I know, I really should see it. I'm kind of bummed though, because it would have been nice to see it in theaters. Sad It won't be as awesome watching it on my poopy sized TV. But yeah, I'll watch it anyways. Smile
Actually, I hear that TDK will be re-released in IMAX in January to build up Oscar hype! Link
Back to top Go down
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:04 am

SubjectToChange wrote:

Actually, I hear that TDK will be re-released in IMAX in January to build up Oscar hype! Link

Oh goody, that'd be spectacular, I'll definitely have to check it out then! Smile I haven't been to the IMAX for ages, either, so it'll be awesome.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 am

What was your JB name? I knew it, but I forget.
Back to top Go down
Antidepressant

Antidepressant

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 3:49 am

MonitorTheSmellOfRain wrote:

It was Antidepressant, so the same.
Before that it was smiling on the package and ohpenelope though.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 8:13 pm

Antidepressant wrote:
MonitorTheSmellOfRain wrote:

It was Antidepressant, so the same.
Before that it was smiling on the package and ohpenelope though.
ohpenelope! I remember that name. I always liked that name.
Back to top Go down
Fig

Fig

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 8:27 pm

I haven't been here in a few days because it's inactive. Hmm.
You could do something interesting like drive to a nearby town and put up posters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to stay here, but...   I want to stay here, but... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to stay here, but...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Teenage Wonderland :: General :: Random Chat-
Jump to: