Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Official Homosexuality Thread

Go down 

What's your stance?
Yes, it's okay.
76%
 76% [ 16 ]
No, it's not okay.
19%
 19% [ 4 ]
Other.
5%
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:05 pm

What's your opinion on it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esteë

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 pm

I'd be a raging hypocrite if I were a homophobe because I’m (barely) coming to terms with the fact that I’m bisexual. Even though I still cringe when I think it and I haven't muttered it out loud yet. I guess that’s social conditioning for you or my cowardice, i'm not sure which. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:06 pm

I'm for it. I am a Christian, and I guess we aren't really supposed to agree with it. But meh, that doesn't change my opinion. Like Tila Tequila says, 'I love people. Not guys or girls, just people.' Okay, so obviously that isn't exactly what she says, but it's something like that. Haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:19 pm

I don't really see how people can think it's bad nowadays. They have to be SO close minded to think that this person is randomly choosing to be with a person of the same sex, despite what everyone else will think of them. I mean if anyone can choose, why don't THEY choose, you know? If you can just make a choice like that then they could just make a choice like that. But they don't, because they don't feel that way.

she called out a warning, warning: don't ever let life pass you by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
ComeWhatMay♥

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:59 pm

My views on gay marriage are if you don't want one - don't get one. Pierre Trudeau made a point by saying the state has no business in the bedroom (but a lot better than I just worded it) and it's true.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambercat

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:20 pm

People should be able to love and marry any person they want to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kitty scarf

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:56 pm

I support it completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:57 pm

PowerRanger wrote:
I'm for it. I am a Christian, and I guess we aren't really supposed to agree with it. But meh, that doesn't change my opinion. Like Tila Tequila says, 'I love people. Not guys or girls, just people.' Okay, so obviously that isn't exactly what she says, but it's something like that. Haha.

x2. I'm the say way!
Back to top Go down
Meisha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:02 am

I'm for it... obviously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fictionpress.com/~desiree19
Ambercat

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:08 am

Meisha wrote:
I'm for it... obviously.
That would be horribly hypocritical if you weren't
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Meisha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:19 am

Ambercat wrote:
Meisha wrote:
I'm for it... obviously.
That would be horribly hypocritical if you weren't

xD Yes it would.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:17 am

Gabstah wrote:
I don't really see how people can think it's bad nowadays. They have to be SO close minded to think that this person is randomly choosing to be with a person of the same sex, despite what everyone else will think of them. I mean if anyone can choose, why don't THEY choose, you know? If you can just make a choice like that then they could just make a choice like that. But they don't, because they don't feel that way.
I get what you are saying, but here's an interesting thought. People choose to do things that will make people frown upon them all the time. For example, when you lie, you've chosen to do it, haven't you? And when you lie, doesn't that make people think negatively of you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:37 pm

TheSmell wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
I get what you are saying, but here's an interesting thought. People choose to do things that will make people frown upon them all the time. For example, when you lie, you've chosen to do it, haven't you? And when you lie, doesn't that make people think negatively of you?

You lie for a reason though, you don't just lie to make people think badly of you. You lie because you're trying to hide something, trying to avoid something, etc.
If you could become gay just because you wanted to, ANYONE would be able to "just become gay".

Back to top Go down
Meisha

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:41 pm

Gabstah wrote:

You lie for a reason though, you don't just lie to make people think badly of you. You lie because you're trying to hide something, trying to avoid something, etc.
If you could become gay just because you wanted to, ANYONE would be able to "just become gay".

Exactly. It doesn't work that way.
Back to top Go down
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Gabstah wrote:
TheSmell wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

Okay, so maybe lying wasn't the best example. But there are things that society disapproves of that people do.
So you don't think anyone can be gay? What are these standards you must to be allowed to become gay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 pm

TheSmell wrote:

Okay, so maybe lying wasn't the best example. But there are things that society disapproves of that people do.
So you don't think anyone can be gay? What are these standards you must to be allowed to become gay?

As of right now, NOBODY knows why some people are born gay and others aren't.

I don't like to compare it to a disease or a disorder, but it's kind of like how some people are born with depression, some aren't. Random. Something to do with brain chemicals and genetics.

Back to top Go down
TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:23 am

I'm a Republican and I see nothing wrong with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://suburbanglamour.blogspot.com
teenvogue.

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:51 am

People can't help who they're attracted to. If a guy wants to faaack a guy or a girl wants to marry another girl then why the hell not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joshj

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:22 pm

1 - Incidentally, the whole "sanctity of marriage" BS trying to keep certain groups from marrying is ridiculous. There's a disestablishment of church and state, and the church doesn't get a say in what the government says is and is not okay.
(Speaking of which, the belief that the country should do what the church has decided is or is not okay is 'antidisestablishmentarianism' which is that famous "longest word in the dictionary")

2 - I agree with the "people are born one way or another" statements which have been said. At this point in time it's scientific fact that homosexual tendencies are neurohormonal, end of story. (Do bear in mind that brain development is influenced by one's upbringing, especially at very young ages, however.)

2a - An interesting aside (might be offensive, I know -I- was shocked!) One of the failed weapons projects scrapped by the US military was - according to some source I found reputable but can't find at the present - the isolation and deployment of the "hormone that triggers homosexual urges", which they hoped to deploy en masse against their enemies as a biological weapon that would cause them to stop fighting and start having sex with each other! Whether such a hormone was ever discovered or isolated, I cannot remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonitorTheSmellOfRain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:30 am

joshj wrote:
1 - Incidentally, the whole "sanctity of marriage" BS trying to keep certain groups from marrying is ridiculous. There's a disestablishment of church and state, and the church doesn't get a say in what the government says is and is not okay.
(Speaking of which, the belief that the country should do what the church has decided is or is not okay is 'antidisestablishmentarianism' which is that famous "longest word in the dictionary")

2 - I agree with the "people are born one way or another" statements which have been said. At this point in time it's scientific fact that homosexual tendencies are neurohormonal, end of story. (Do bear in mind that brain development is influenced by one's upbringing, especially at very young ages, however.)

2a - An interesting aside (might be offensive, I know -I- was shocked!) One of the failed weapons projects scrapped by the US military was - according to some source I found reputable but can't find at the present - the isolation and deployment of the "hormone that triggers homosexual urges", which they hoped to deploy en masse against their enemies as a biological weapon that would cause them to stop fighting and start having sex with each other! Whether such a hormone was ever discovered or isolated, I cannot remember
Just for the record, this thread is just about your beliefs on homosexuality. So you can't use the arguement of church vs. state because it's just homosexuality in general. I mean, if we were arguing about legalizing it, then that's different.

Just wanted to point that out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheGirlFromYesterday

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:27 pm

MonitorTSOR wrote:

Just for the record, this thread is just about your beliefs on homosexuality. So you can't use the arguement of church vs. state because it's just homosexuality in general. I mean, if we were arguing about legalizing it, then that's different.

Just wanted to point that out.
If it's about homosexuality in general, the legalization of it would go into the discussion.

I'm a Catholic, and my parents are both Republicans. My dad's pretty conservative, my mom's a bit more liberal, but still a Republican and very religious. So from a young age, I've heard my dad say things like, "It's an abomination to the Lord" and then quote Scripture, while I've heard my mother say, "Who knows what God thinks of it? Maybe those of us who prevent gays from marrying will be sent to Hell one day. I really don't know, but I still don't like homosexuality."

I used to be just like my dad, then I was extremely liberal, and only recently have I found a happy medium. Like my mother, I'm a liberal Republican, at least that's what description my ideals would fit under.

When it comes to homosexual marriages, I support gay rights. There's no logical reason to ban them. They can't create children, so it's not like we'd have kids with mental defects and 6 fingers running around. I guess I could kind of understand if that's what the government was getting at, the way they are with marrying cousins, but it's not, so I really don't comprehend what the problem is.

When it comes to caddy gay guys, however, no. Haha, every single gay guy I've known has been a total witch to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://suburbanglamour.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Homosexuality Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Official Homosexuality Thread
Page 1 of 1