Teenage Wonderland

Come and chat with us - from preteens to young adults, males and females - all here to talk with you!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

This layout reminds me of

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anberlin

PostSubject: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:31 am

candy canes. I just realized that.

Anyways, there is rarely anyone on here. Maybe like, 5 people at a time. We need more people to join. Agree?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:37 am

I love candy canes, when I was younger I used to steal the ones of our Christmas tree. Even though, they were many years old and we just kept them for decorating.

I think our amount of members is actually pretty good. I mean, we've only had this forum for a few days. But we definitely need to spread the word so it keeps growing. PM your JB friends, ask your real life friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:48 am

Hahaha, yum?

Yeah, I think most of the people I talked to on JB come on here now. If I made a thread about it, would I get banned do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MonitorMirage

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:52 am

Yeah, you will probably be banned. PM people, though.

I have the link in my JB signature, but with spaces because it's censored. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:10 am

you'd def get banned for posting the link. i agree, i'd like to have more people here too. it's nice though, because there are less people there are less people for me to talk to so i don't waste as much time on here as i did on jellybean.

she called out a warning, warning: don't ever let life pass you by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teenagewonderland.omgforum.net
Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:15 am

Gabstah wrote:
you'd def get banned for posting the link. i agree, i'd like to have more people here too. it's nice though, because there are less people there are less people for me to talk to so i don't waste as much time on here as i did on jellybean.

Yeah, haah that's true. It's also nice that there aren't so many people, because then you get to know the members better before more people decide to come. If that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:17 am

Anberlin wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

Yeah, haah that's true. It's also nice that there aren't so many people, because then you get to know the members better before more people decide to come. If that makes sense?

hahaha so we can mark our place as the originals before other people come:P Hahahaha. i know what you mean though. i know lots of you still go on jellybean but it's just way too much of a hassle for me to find a new IP address/make new accounts so i just don't go on there anymore, i just go here. so if no one is on i go "damn, okay, i'll do homework"

Back to top Go down
Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:20 am

Gabstah wrote:
Anberlin wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

hahaha so we can mark our place as the originals before other people come:P Hahahaha. i know what you mean though. i know lots of you still go on jellybean but it's just way too much of a hassle for me to find a new IP address/make new accounts so i just don't go on there anymore, i just go here. so if no one is on i go "damn, okay, i'll do homework"

Hahah, exactly!
Yeah, I go on JB, but I usually check here first, and if no one is on then I go to JB. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:21 am

Anberlin wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
Anberlin wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

Hahah, exactly!
Yeah, I go on JB, but I usually check here first, and if no one is on then I go to JB. Razz

haha yay Smile. i'm on a lot but that's because all of my homework is online basically. which reminds me, i REALLY need to listen to my lecture notes. fraser went to his friends house to watch a snowboard movie and normally when he goes out and does something without me i mope (since i have noone to go do stuff with, haha, besides his friends) but i'll just get stuff done and not mope intsead.

Back to top Go down
Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:23 am

Gabstah wrote:
Anberlin wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
Anberlin wrote:
Gabstah wrote:

Hahah, exactly!

haha yay Smile. i'm on a lot but that's because all of my homework is online basically. which reminds me, i REALLY need to listen to my lecture notes. fraser went to his friends house to watch a snowboard movie and normally when he goes out and does something without me i mope (since i have noone to go do stuff with, haha, besides his friends) but i'll just get stuff done and not mope intsead.

Haha, I'm on a lot when, but I shouldn't be. I am the worst procrastinator and I just sit here and then realize how late it is and get nothing done. I have no life, basically.
Yes, go get things done! No moping. I should go also, and read Huck Finn. But I really really don't want to. It's so hard to follow with all the bad grammer and shit. Have you ever read it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:29 am

Anberlin wrote:

Haha, I'm on a lot when, but I shouldn't be. I am the worst procrastinator and I just sit here and then realize how late it is and get nothing done. I have no life, basically.
Yes, go get things done! No moping. I should go also, and read Huck Finn. But I really really don't want to. It's so hard to follow with all the bad grammer and shit. Have you ever read it?

Yeah. In one of my workshop classes we're doing a lot of work on procrastination. Some of the youtube videos are really weird/cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P785j15Tzk
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXziurFkQxM

we actually learned a new technique called the "five minute technique" which is pretty cool. it basically says:

set a kitchen timer for 5 minutes and just do your homework for JUST five minutes. when the timer runs out you can either set the timer for another 5 minutes, or you can take a break. you can pick however long of a break you want, just as long as you set the kitchen timer for it. when the timer runs out you come back and do your homework for another 5 minutes. after each 5 minute of homework you can decide whether or not you should keep going or not. if you decide to work for 5 minutes and take a 25 minute break inbetween each break, for 3 hours that you've set aside you'll have gotten done 30 FULL minutes of homework. that' way more than if you procrastinated for the full 3 hours. you also won't worry about your homework during your break since you know once the timer goes off you'll get back to it, so you can enjoy the break.

Back to top Go down
Anberlin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:31 am

Gabstah wrote:
Anberlin wrote:

Yeah. In one of my workshop classes we're doing a lot of work on procrastination. Some of the youtube videos are really weird/cool.

and

we actually learned a new technique called the "five minute technique" which is pretty cool. it basically says:

set a kitchen timer for 5 minutes and just do your homework for JUST five minutes. when the timer runs out you can either set the timer for another 5 minutes, or you can take a break. you can pick however long of a break you want, just as long as you set the kitchen timer for it. when the timer runs out you come back and do your homework for another 5 minutes. after each 5 minute of homework you can decide whether or not you should keep going or not. if you decide to work for 5 minutes and take a 25 minute break inbetween each break, for 3 hours that you've set aside you'll have gotten done 30 FULL minutes of homework. that' way more than if you procrastinated for the full 3 hours. you also won't worry about your homework during your break since you know once the timer goes off you'll get back to it, so you can enjoy the break.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I'll check out the youtube videos tomorrow though, because I'm going to get off here.
Good night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:32 am

Anberlin wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
Anberlin wrote:

and

That actually makes a lot of sense. I'll check out the youtube videos tomorrow though, because I'm going to get off here.
Good night!

it does, i'm pretty excited about trying it, hahaha. deal. good night!!!

Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:04 am

Now that the layout actually changed mid-stream, it reminds me of construction sites and orange pylons. Much better than pure red, thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:07 am

SubjectToChange wrote:
Now that the layout actually changed mid-stream, it reminds me of construction sites and orange pylons. Much better than pure red, thank you.

hahahaha frick. construction sites and orange pylons aren't necessarily bad... i guess.

Back to top Go down
SubjectToChange

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:10 am

Gabstah wrote:
SubjectToChange wrote:

hahahaha frick. construction sites and orange pylons aren't necessarily bad... i guess.
Seriously, this is the best design on a forum I regularly visit since JB had that matted black/gray style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gabstah
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:54 pm

SubjectToChange wrote:
Gabstah wrote:
SubjectToChange wrote:

Seriously, this is the best design on a forum I regularly visit since JB had that matted black/gray style.

Sweet. I have a vision for what I want the board to look like, i'm pretty excited.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This layout reminds me of   

Back to top Go down

This layout reminds me of
Page 1 of 1